General Settings for Event Series
Start creating an event series by following the same steps to create a one-time event. Here is how to create an event series in the classic editor:
1. Add a title to your event. This title will automatically appear for all occurrences of the event.
2. Describe your event. This description will be automatically used for all occurrences of the event.
3. Select the data and time for your initial event (required).
4. Select "Schedule multiple events" or "Add more events" in the Event Series section
a. Select how often the event occurs (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
b. Select the time increment between each reoccurring event (every day, week, month, year)
c. Set the date the reoccurring events should occur (at the same or different day of the week/month as the initial event)
d. Set the time the reoccurring events should occur (at the same or different time as the initial event)
e. Set an end date for the series. Avoid setting the end date to "Never" as this tends to slow down your webpage.
5. Select an existing venue or create your own (optional). Doing this makes it so people can filter events by location. If the event is virtual, select "Online" as the venue and uncheck "Show Map" and "Map Link".
6. Specify the event organizer (optional)
7. Link to an external website about the event (optional)
8. Determine if the event should be featured (optional)
9. Upload a featured image to display in event listings (optional). Doing so adds visual appeal to the calendar and increases engagement among site visitors. For NAMI programs, this can be as simple as the program logo.
10. Check an event category. Doing so makes it easier for site visitors to find the events they're looking for and significantly increases the visual appeal of the calendar.
Finally, hit Publish to save your new event. If you are editing an event you've already created, the button will say Update.